The Scotty’s House team encourages you to join Women of Courage, a group of women serving as ambassadors for children victimized by abuse. Women of Courage works to further support Scotty’s House through increasing community awareness, promoting prevention, and strengthening the coordinated efforts of the children’s advocacy center (CAC) model. Their purpose is to make charitable grants in support of Scotty’s House, Brazos Valley Child Advocacy Center.
The funds raised will support Scotty's House programs and the needs of children, and their non-offending family members, impacted by abuse.
Women of Courage at Scotty's House is a proud affiliate program of Children’s Advocacy Centers of Texas (CACTX).
- Helping fulfill the mission of Scotty's House
- Invitation to Scotty’s House networking happy hour; may include a tour of the facility and a meet-and-greet with Sawyer, the facility dog
- Attend volunteer and education events with Scotty's House
- Recognition on Women of Courage webpage
- Quarterly inclusion on the Scotty’s House e-newsletter
- Host/Co-host at least one, member community awareness event per year (virtual or in-person)
- Volunteer for at least one, member community awareness event per year (virtual or in-person)
- Attend the Women of Courage Annual Meeting
- Annual membership contribution of $1,000
- Complete a background check (completed every three years)
- Sign a confidentiality agreement (annual)
- Attend member events throughout the year